People usually describe the Philippines as the land of singers, not only because of our impeccable taste in music but also because of our home-grown talents. According to recent studies, most Filipinos develop a sense of musicality from a very young age. This is probably due to the saturation of singers in the Philippines ‘ entertainment industry. From the deep soulful tones to the high soaring divas, The Filipino music industry will have something pristine to offer.
As the cold season or “cuddle-weather” approaches, who wouldn’t want to indulge themselves with serene music? Which singers do you usually listen to? Here’s a list of OPM hits that will fit perfectly with your cup of coffee this cold season.
1. Someday by Nina
– Here’s a song that’s particularly sweet yet deep. With vocals gently floating through its high register notes, this song highlights its lyrics over a mellow and gentle storytelling tone. This song is a perfect song to listen to during rainy days as it consoles a broken heart.
2. In your Eyes by Regine Velasquez
– If you’re into a high diva type of songs, this one’s for you. The Asia’s Songbird’s rendition of this George Benson hit is a “femme fatale” to die for. Her version speaks of vulnerability, submission, and gentleness when it comes to love.
3. Pagdating ng Panahon (When the time comes) by Aiza Seguerra
– If you’re more into chill but a sweet type of music, this will surely cause you an “eargasm.” This self-composed hit consoles not only a wounded heart but also expresses hope and longing of love.
4. Di lang Ikaw (It’s not just you) by Juris
-This hit is a pristine tune that soothes your worries in love. This love song is like a sweet hot chocolate in the middle of winter, it gives a warm and cozy feeling that will surely make you feel better after a long and tiring day.
5. Kung Hindi rin Lang Ikaw (If it’s not you) by December Ave. feat. Moira Dela Torre
If you find your vibes leaning more towards a treble-heavy, acoustic type of tune this song will make you shed a tear. While the first recommendations focus on the mellow tunes undermining the story of the songs, this one focuses on the storytelling which will keep you glued until the end.
No matter which genre or tune you’re into the perfect music to listen to this cold season are songs of love. Regardless of the time, these love classics would always give you a consoling and feel-good feeling during rainy days. These songs are perfect for you to enjoy solitude or “me-time” with a cup of coffee or chocolate at hand. Below is a playlist I custom made for you to enjoy! Let me know which songs struck you the most.